The last month has been beyond hectic. There are just not enough hours in the day, and at the end of the day, I am exhausted. I am exhausted to the point where I cannot function. My dad and I each took a 1.5 hour nap on Tuesday afternoon ignoring our To-Do lists. Even though it has been so busy, it has been a good kind of busy. In the last month, I graduated from veterinary school, moved out of Philadelphia, moved back in with my parents, rode a five day stage race, my brother got married, I turned 25, and moved into my new house. The last three have all happened in the last week. I am ready for a little R and R.
- Biking // Not that biking had not taken over my life before, but it has definitely taken over more than ever in these last weeks. My dad, Heath, and I raced the Tran-sylvania Epic five day stage race over Memorial Day weekend. We all had such an amazing time that they convinced me to sign up for the Wilderness 101, 101 miles of rocks and mountains. Now, I have to get down to business and really train. I am excited and extremely nervous. I have just over a month to train. This is when I know how lucky I have to have friends and family to ride and train with me!
- Starting Work // Pending my final paperwork, I should be able to officially start work on Monday. Being 25 (it feels so old) and finally getting my first adult job, feels crazy. I have been going to school forever. I can’t wait to start my job and put my knowledge to the test. It is a dream come true!
- Moving // My sister and I finally get to move into our new place. Moving was fun and exciting for a day. Now, I am so sick of moving boxes and unpacking. My room is a total disaster, and the list of things to buy is getting longer. We didn’t realize that neither of us has silverware! I tried buying silverware and didn’t like the options, so we are currently stuck with plastic silverware until we can get some.
- Wedding // My brother, Heath, got married this weekend. I honestly cannot believe it. He has become such a rock and support system for me over the last three years, and I know how lucky his wife is to have him. The wedding was so much fun! It came up so quickly and flew by. Now, they are off on their honeymoon sending us gorgeous pictures of Colorado where they are biking with their dogs (We are green monsters of jealousy back home).
- Traveling // The four of us are headed to Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard on Monday. My mom has been begging us to go and we are finally taking the trip. She has a whole itinerary planned. I am really hoping for some down time to relax and recover from these busy weeks. Plus, I am stoked to find the best lobster roll!